The Mannock's Patent Cue has a steamed pearwood shaft and a double butt.
Four ebony machine-splices are attached to the pearwood shaft and four tulipwood handsplices are attached to the ebony. The tulipwood has a snakewood frontsplice. The badge is mother of pearl.
The cue shown in the photograph is a very early example of a Burroughes & Watts Mannock. Although it is not apparent from the photograph, the words "Burroughes & Watts London" are stamped into the frontsplice, just below the badge.
The cue was probably made shortly after Burroughes & Watts purchased the Mannock patent around 1905.
To view J.P. Mannock's 1891 patent, click on the link below.